Everything you need to know about Costochondritis
This website is intended to provide information about costochondritis pain, and to point to relevant resources, information and specialists. Use the information provided to understand the causes of costochondritis pain, the diagnosis and treatment.
Costochondritis pain causes is unknown but conditions that may cause it include:
- trauma to the chest, such as blunt impact from a car accident or fall
- physical strain from activities, such as heavy lifting and strenuous exercise
- certain viruses or respiratory conditions, such as tuberculosis and syphilis, that can cause joint inflammation
- certain types of arthritis
- tumors in the costosternal joint region.
In such cases, manual treatments, if applied by an expert, may relieve the pain.